Meridith Elliott Powell named keynote speaker for 5thAnnual POP, Too!
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – February 28, 2019–The Greater Women’s Business Council(GWBC), the leading provider of certification and development resources for women business enterprises (WBEs) in Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina, is hosting its annual Power of Partnering (POP, Too!) conference in Charlotte, North Carolina on March 21.
POP, Too! is GWBC’s Carolina based companion to the annual flagship POP Marketplace event held in Atlanta, Georgia. During this one-day conference, women business enterprises (WBEs) and procurement professionals interact with each other to promote growth opportunities and enhance business relationships.
Meridith Elliott Powell, award-winning author, speaker and business strategist, will deliver the keynote speech at this year’s POP, Too! event. Voted one of the Top 15 Business Growth Experts to watch by Currency Fair, Powell also is the author of four books, includingWinning In The Trust & Value Economy(a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards) and her latestOwn It: Redefining Responsibility – Stories of Power, Freedom & Purpose.
“Meridith knows what it takes to succeed as a woman in business, how to take action and get results,” said Roz Lewis, GWBC president and CEO. “We’re delighted to have her as our keynote this year. We encourage all women who are interested in taking their personal and company brand to the next level to attend this event.”
Powell’s keynote at POP, Too! will help women business leaders learn today’s new rules of success and what they can do to “up their game” to win in a relationship-based economy.
Attendees of POP, Too! can also attend various educational workshops, including:
- Perfecting the Process – Do you know if your business could benefit from Six Sigma?Speaker:Larry Edwards Six Sigma Black Belt, Chair ASQ Charlotte
- Controlled Communications – Legal communication advice.Speaker: Eartha Jean Johnson, Esq and CEO, Risk Mitigation Worldwide
- Impact of Advisors and Mentors– How/when to seek a mentor or create an advisory board.Speakers: Patrick Dierberger, Asst. VP Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta; Evelyn Ashley, Trusted Council, LLC, Invited WBE
- Return on Investment (ROI) Time versus Money – Understand what your time is worth. Speaker:Dr. Anandi Banerjee, Assistant Professor of Finance, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte
- WBE Business Pitch – Women business leaders pitch to an audience of corporate buyers and savvy women business owners and entrepreneurs.
Sponsors of POP, Too! Include: Novant Health, Georgia Power, Accenture, BMW Group, Exhibits South, Sonoco, Aflac, The Clorox Company, Delta Air Lines, InfoMart, WestRock, AT&T, and Bank of America.
The 5th annual POP, Too! Conference will be held at the Harris Conference Center in Charlotte. For more information and to register visit https://gwbc.org/pop-too/.
ABOUT THE GREATER WOMEN’S BUSINESS COUNCIL, INC.
The Greater Women’s Business Council, Inc. (GWBC) is a not-for-profit organization that provides nationally-recognized certification through its Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) network, innovative programming and value-driven events customized to the unique needs of women business owners (WBEs) in Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina. GWBC’s constituency is comprised of more than 1,000 certified WBEs, dozens of corporate member partners, government entities and business alliances united to inspire, engage and empower women-owned businesses. A Regional Partner Organization of WBENC, GWBC is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with a satellite office in Charlotte, North Carolina. Learn more at www.gwbc.org.